Friday, June 10, 2022
Event starts at 11 a.m.
Gill Coliseum (map)
Reception following from 1:30pm-3:00pm at COE Plaza (map). In front of Johnson Hall.
Student Registration: Like completing your degree, there are a few steps to complete.
- Registration will open April 18 and close May 23. Watch your in-box.
- This is a public event. Participants will be photographed/videoed.
- You MUST pre-register to participate.
- Check-in at Gill Coliseum on Friday, June 10 between 10:00am-10:30am
- Please contact us at least two weeks in advance should you or our guest need any special accommodations.
Other important details about MIME Graduation Celebration:
- Students who have graduated or will graduate Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Winter 2022, Spring 2022, Summer 2022 can participate.
- Students are encouraged to attend the School Celebration on June 10 and the University Commencement Ceremony on June 11. Diplomas are only awarded at the university ceremony on June 11.
- This is a cap and gown ceremony. Graduation caps and gowns can be purchased from the Beaver Store, or borrow one from a friend. Be sure to order an orange tassel. Graduate students must also purchase a hood.
- Doors open around 10:30 am. Guests should arrive early and be prepared to wait out in the weather. Seating is first come, first served. Wear comfortable shoes. You will likely have to wait in line.
- Only clear bags are allowed in Gill Coliseum, and their will not be a gear check during this event. If you bring a purse or any other bag that is not clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bag you will be asked to return the bag to your car.
- Do NOT bring these items to Gill.
- Balloons – minimum fine of $150/balloon
- Wrapped gifts
- Please be advised, this is an athletics venue. Guest seating is not built for comfort.
- This is a public event. Participants will likely be photographed/videoed.
- There are no concessions. There is a brief reception afterwards from 1:30-3:00pm at COE Plaza (map) in front of Johnson Hall.
- It’s our understanding water bottles and unopened bottled water are permitted.
- Parking is free in most lots except in metered/reserved parking spaces. Do not park in R1/R2 lots.
- The Office of the Registrar can provide a Commencement Visa Letter to international students participating in the Commencement ceremony, in order for those students and/or their family members to obtain visas from their country's US Embassy. The Commencement Visa Letter verifies the student's graduation status, ceremony date and attendance information, and a list of invited family members.